Life is Beautiful...

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

2 month update!

WOW! It sure has been awhile since I've updated this thing. Life just gets busy sometimes, and I lack motivation to update it as well. So with that being said, I'll get you up to date on the lives of the Jessop's!
We moved! Jake and I now live in a cute little 3bedroom 2bath house in Santaquin, Utah! We really lucked out finding this home. When we decided to move I got on KSL immediately to find someplace for us to live. Of coarse like every other newlywed we had a budget we needed to stick too. When I came across this house, it was love at first sight. We are paying the same amount of rent for this house, as we were for our apartment up in SD! Taking in consideration the difference in cost of living from the 2 states, I still feel like I found a GREAT deal!:) Our home is so cute! I have a lot more space to deal with then I had before, so cleaning everything takes a lot longer. We have a nice big backyard that we share with our downstairs neighbors. Oh yea, its a duplex. We live upstairs and a cute little family with 3 boys live downstairs. There is also a garden area! I'm so happy to have a garden!! I just got back from getting tomatoes, squash, watermelon, you know all the good stuff from Olsen's Greenhouse. I'm new at gardening so we'll see how it all turns out. (fingers crossed)
I have a job! Before I got married I was working as a dental assistant for Dr. Sorenson in Spanish Fork. He is such a sweet old man, I love working for him. My mom works for him as well. So when is comes to the schedule and getting days off its quite nice, because I just have to talk to my mom. The 2 of us are the only assistants because he is getting older and doesn't take on as many patients anymore. I actually didn't even have to go to school for it. When he needed a new assistant, he asked my mom if I would be willing to get trained and work there. I said yes, of coarse! So now that I'm back, he offered me my old job back. I'm so blessed with all of the opportunities that have come into my life. I only work part time so its nice to have some days off where I can keep up on our house and garden.
My family got a 2nd season! I don't know how many of you watched the first season of My Five Wives, but I thought it was pretty awesome.:) My brother Josh also got his mission call! He is going to Guayaquil, Ecuador. He leaves August 13th. I'm happy we have the rest of the summer with him, but just the thought of not having him around for 2 years makes me want to start crying. I've come to learn I'm a protective older sister. It'll be good for him though. I just need to keep reminding myself that.
We initially moved down here to for Jake to get on with another company to start his apprenticeship, but right now he is working for my  dad doing construction. Which is a good job, and we are blessed that he will always have a job and never be out of work. He will probably continue to work construction through out the summer because we have a lot of family trips and vacations planned. Its always easy to get time off when he works for my dad. If he was to get on with a new company it wouldn't be easy or a good thing to take that much time off. So he's working for my dad for now. I've had a lot of fun decorating our new home. Having friends over for BB Q's, and being only 10 minutes away from my family. Its actually quite nice, If I'm missing a seasoning or something from a recipe I can just run over to my moms and borrow it. I've never had that option before, its very convenient. :)
I'll try to be better about updating and writing about the new upcoming exciting events in our lives. Oh and I'll try to get pictures up of our new home. I'm not very tech savvy so I'll have to wait for Jake to get home.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment