Life is Beautiful...

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mother Dear

For the past week or two I have been thinking a lot about my mom. She is such a beautiful person all around. For those of you that have met her, you know what I'm talking about. Whenever I introduce myself to someone, and let them know who my parents are, I almost always get a response of ' Oh I know Paulie! You look just like her. I love your mom, she is so sweet.' I'm not even kidding, almost those words exactly. There is probably not one person out there that can say one bad thing about my mom. She is so very beautiful, graceful, sweet, feminine, loving, and one of the most giving people I know. My grandma's up there too. That is probably where she gets it from. :) Growing up my mom always taught me to always care. Care about having things nice. Care about doing things the right way. For example, wrapping Christmas presents. My mom would show me how to wrap the corners right, so that they would look nice. Or, there was a time when my mom sat me down to practice my signature. She had taken me to the bank to cash a check, and my signature was unreadable, so she showed me a couple of different ways to write my name in cursive nicely. Just before I got married I walked into my moms room before bed to visit with her. She had asked me if I had any pajamas that matched. I looked down and said 'no, not really.' (I had collected high school t shirts and sweats for pj's) She responded with 'don't you want to look pretty going to bed?' I chuckled in response, 'we will just be sleeping mom.' Later that week she took me and bought me some very feminine and 'pretty' pajamas to wear for when I got married.  Growing up I loved to watch my mom put on her make-up and do her hair. I now realize I was learning while watching her, and I now do some of the same things. Through out the years I always just thought ' Oh whatever Mom, its silly to care that much about stuff.' Now that I have a house for myself to take care of, I find myself repeating something my mom would always say to me, "It's good to have things nice, you will never regret making things nice.' That is my motivation for having a clean house for my husband to come home to. Making the bed every morning when I get out of it. Decorating our apartment. Or simply getting ready for the day. I say those words in my head. I also say them to Jake as he helps me to make our bed on the weekends. His idea is to throw the covers up and call it good. I on the other hand want to make it 'nice.' My mom has been such a wonderful example to me. I look to her example when I'am trying to figure out the task at hand, or how to act in a stressful situation. My mom is my best friend, and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I love my Mom!
My mom and my grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment