Life is Beautiful...

Monday, December 9, 2013

It's been a crazy wonderful month!

So I know it has been about a month since my last post. I've been on the go, and trying to get back into my normal routine. Now that I've been home for a week, I've started to get back into the swing of things. It's sooo nice being home. Sleeping in our own bed. Pulling a drawer full of clean, nicely folded clothes open, without having to rummage through a suitcase. I was living out of a suitcase for over a month! Its not as bad as it sounds though. Here is a quick update on what Jake and I have been up to, and how our Thanksgiving went!
I left my parents house and flew up to North Dakota to be with Jake for the last week that he was working out of town. Let me tell you, it is COLD up there. And living in a motel room for a week, I was about ready to go insane! It helped that I was finally with my husband. It was hard being away from him for so long, so I was grateful to finally be with him. After that week was over Jake and I drove back to Rapid City after he got off work. It was about a 6 hour drive, and we made 2 different stops on the way back to catch up with some friends! We got back around 3 in the morning. Woke up later that morning, paid the bills, cleaned out a STINKY fridge, caught up on some much needed laundry, re-packed and headed off to Montana to spend Thanksgiving with his family. We were only home for just over 12 hours, it was hard to leave again so soon. BUT, we were going to be with family and celebrate the holiday! :)
Thanksgiving was great! I love my in-laws. Its always so nice going to see them and catch up. Not to mention we were celebrating Thanksgiving and there was tons of yummy food! Double win! While I was there I made Cranberry Salsa. If you haven't tried Cranberry Salsa you have to! It is delicious! And my in-laws loved it too. Whoo! Here's the recipe!
Cranberry Salsa
12ounce bag of cranberry's 
3 jalapeƱos 
4-5 green onions
A handful of cilantro (I always estimate on this one)
2 limes squeezed
1 cup if sugar
A dash of salt
Mix all together and put over a brick of cream cheese and enjoy with crackers!! YUM!

After all of the laughs, fun games, and much needed family time Jake and I headed home. It was so nice to walk through our front door knowing we wouldn't have to leave again so soon. So we've been home now for just over a week. I've been having fun decorating for our first Christmas together as a married couple. Making yummy holiday treats, and doing plenty of Christmas shopping. We are looking foward to going back to my parents house for Christmas and New Years in just a few weeks!
This is Jake and I last year around Christmas time. Crazy how fast time flies! It has been a great year to say the least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment