Life is Beautiful...

Monday, November 11, 2013

Life in Rapid City

Today I have been thinking a lot about my life back in Rapid City. I miss it. I was driving to Walmart and thinking "If I was back home this is how my drive would go. This is how long it would take." So on and so forth. I do that with almost every daily activity now. We have been away from our cozy apartment for 3 weeks now, and still have another 2 to go. I'm so grateful that we have such a nice apartment, and I can't wait to go back and get back into the swing of things.

I love to cook. I love the feeling of having a healthy yummy meal on the table for my husband to come home too. I love when my husband comes home from work. Layered with dust and whatever oily stuff he works with. I love his musky smell. It reminds me of my dad when I was younger, so that is probably why I love it so much. But I have learned something, Attitude is everything. When Jake comes home and I'm cranky the night usually is just meh. When I greet him at the door with a smile and a sometimes half hug (he is just so dirty sometimes!) and a kiss, then the night will almost always have good conversation, laughs ( I LOVE to tease him) and cuddles. I love cuddling. :) But my point is, smiles are contagious and everyone likes to be around happy people. So I try to make an effort everyday to work through whatever emotional crap I'm dealing with that day, so that when my hubby gets home we can just enjoy each other. Heck, I'm alone 10 hours a day. I have no excuse. 

Some fun things that Jake and I like to do around Rapid City are:
Summer Nights! Every Thursday night during the summer, they would shut down an intersection in downtown, and local bands would come and play. It was so much fun! There were vendors and lots of people! The music was usually pretty good too!

Hang out with our new friends!! We made friends with another guy Jake works with and his girlfriend. Evan and Kira are awesome, and always a hoot to hang out with. Back in September Jake went to Wyoming for just a few days, and so I just stayed with them. It was nice to have company while Jake was away. Kira is also a yummy cook and we like to invite each other over for dinner. Its fun.:) Plus is always nice to have a reason to go out on a double date!

Mount Rushmore! We live only 25 minutes away from this National Monument. Jake drives past on his way to work everyday too. Its pretty neat. Not as big as I expected but I'm from Utah. I' am used to having big mountains to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment