Life is Beautiful...

Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Lineman's Wife

Well Hi! :)
I've never been one with writing and making things sound all spiffy, so bare with me.  I have been married to my wonderfully amazing husband Jake, for 6 months and 2 days! Wahoo! I love being married to that man. He is so caring, goofy, funny, handsome, and is such a hard worker. I love that about him. I know that I will always be taken care of, because of his great work ethic. He also has a delicious color of red hair that I absolutely love! Oh, and he's a Lineman. Hence the title. Let me take you back, 3 years and 3 weeks to be exact. I was friends with Jake's cousin who was my grandma's neighbor and Jake had moved down for the summer. Sitting in my Grandma's drive way, it took Jake about half an hour to spit out the words 'I like you.' I knew it was coming, and maybe I should have helped him out a little bit, but I liked seeing him nervous, it was adorable and showed me just how much emotion was behind what was coming. We 'got to know' each other for about a month before he left to go home for the holidays. He grew up in Montana, so we wouldn't be able to see each other as often as we would  have liked. Through out the next couple of months we would talk on the phone and continue to 'get to know' each other. At 10 months we made it official, and decided that the long distance relationship was worth it. Skip 2 1/2 years later, my best friend asked me to marry him! April 5, 2013! We got married June 8th, 2013, at 4 in the afternoon. It was the best day of my life, and I still reminisce back to that day often.
Today, I'm back home in Utah. Sitting on my little sisters bed. Jake is working out of town, and has been for the past 2 1/2 weeks. We moved to Rapid City, South Dakota because that is where Jake's work took him. He graduated from Lineman College back in December '12. He is trying to get his apprenticeship going, and with his work ethic he'll do anything to make that happen. So Rapid City is home for now. :) I knew when we got married that he would be going out of town for alot for work. You would think that after 3 years of long distance it would get easier. In some ways it does, but when you're married there is so much more to miss. So I've decided to start a blog. For many different reasons actually. We live so far away from family and friends, and have so many fun stories to share! It will give me something to do and help me to not go insane being alone 10+ hours through out the week. Lastly, it will be fun to read years down the road and see how far we've come!
I have so much more I could share, but that will be saved for another day! 
Jake doing what he loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment